Parents often ask us what it takes to secure a spot in NYC gifted & talented schools. We decided to compile a list of some of the most important skills and traits that your child should develop if expecting to gain admittance into a gifted and talented school.
- Start Early. It is very important to start developing your child’s gifts & talents from an early age. G&T programs require or are looking for children who have special gifts, traits and characteristics.
- Develop Vocabulary. This is extremely important because entrance exams expect children to have a broad understanding of the world. They need to know vocab words to choose the correct answer and sometimes speak the correct answer.
- Develop Speaking & Communication Skills. G&T programs are looking for children who are well spoken and can communicate their ideas clearly.
- Creativity. It is important to develop your child’s creative thinking process. They should be able to tap into their creativity.
- Critical Thinking Skills. One of the most important times to develop your child’s critical thinking skills is at an early age. Brain research shows how important it is to start developing these vitally important gifted & talented skills. Abstract ideas can be taught and received more easily by a young mind.
- Leadership Skills. Collaborative skills are just as important as leadership skills. G&T programs expect children to take initiative. It takes many years to develop these skills and as always, should be started as early as possible.
FasTracKids fully understands the science and research behind gifted & talented education. We have successfully admitted thousands of students into top NYC G&T schools and have been around longer than any other G&T focused organization in the NYC area. Our gifted and talented programs are internationally renowned with students in over 50 countries utilizing our research proven methodology. See for yourself, sign up for a free trial class today!