We just came across an article by Amy Zimmer on DNAinfo about Gifted & Talented test preparation in NYC. It is FasTracKids’ belief that all children have the potential to be gifted & talented if exposed to the right experiences at an early age. Our Core Enrichment program is proven to boost your child’s academic potential.
Zimmer touches on the fact that competition is high in NYC. There are only 4,300 seats available throughout the five boroughs. Here at FasTracKids we provide ways for your child the skills to compete for a spot, and if your child qualifies but there is simply not enough room – our programs offer the same and similar activities to those involved in a school gifted and talented program.
Zimmer lays out several thoughtss to consider if you’re thinking about G&T test prep for your child, including offering a recently released 5 question quiz by TestingMom. At FasTracKids, we’ve had a philosophy and framework for determining a child’s gifted potential for many years now. Below is an excerpt from our Gifted & Talented FAQ page.
- The ability to invent or create novel or original things, or look at their world in unusual ways.
- The desire and ability to investigate their immediate world, to see the unusual and observe things that others don’t notice.
- Extreme curiosity demonstrated by experimentation, investigation and in depth study.
- Using extended vocabulary, complex sentence structure and varied language forms.
- Understanding and using imagery and metaphorical language at a young age (often under 5 years).
We strive to bring out the best in each child because research points to potential in all. Are you ready to accelerate your child’s gifts & talents? Contact Us. We have many locations throughout Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and Staten Island.